Posting & Publications FAQs & Guidelines
***For Information on new format for the Beacon, Flash & Bulletin Board & how to submit updates to the website Click Here***
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the event that you are submitting for publication is at the UUFH, you MUST contact the office first to be sure the room is available. 631.427.9547 or email: Susie at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions after reading the FAQs and Guidelines, email: the Communications Team: email@example.com
Click on the + below to read the answer to each question.
General Website Posting Guidelines:
All Event Calendar and News & Announcement submissions will go to the Communications Team for approval before going live.
- An EVENT posting is any submission that is date specific and takes place at the Fellowship (it occurs on a specific date & time). That would go on the EVENTS CALENDAR.
- A NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENT posting is general information and doesn’t necessarily have to be date specific.
- There are some items that could be listed to both so keep a copy of your initial post to copy and paste. If you have any questions about this email Bridgette at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 631.271.1808.
An example of a EVENTS CALENDAR submission would be:
- Last Licks Cafe music event
- Not Necessarily Seniors event
- Yoga Class
An example of a NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS submission would be:
- Split The Plate
- Volunteers Needed to Make Coffee
- Food Drive Donations Needed
- Registration is required
Members and Friends of the UUFH.
Guidelines for posting an EVENT:
- When posting an EVENT to the Calendar, click on any button or link the reads, POST EVENT, once on the Calendar page, click on the green button on the upper right side of the calendar that reads POST YOUR EVENT, a short form will pop open (in might take a few moments depending on the speed of your computer).
- You must fill out all the fields that are marked as required.
- Select a CATEGORY (you can select more than one) if you are not sure, select GENERAL.
- For VENUE; if the EVENT is at the UUFH, please note the room e.g. UUFH MAIN HALL or UUFH SOCIAL HALL.
- You DO NOT have to fill in the address if it is at the Fellowship.
- If all the required fields are filled out properly click the SUBMIT button and you will be directed to a THANK YOU page that reads THANK YOU, YOU’RE SUBMISSION WAS SUCCESSFUL.
- If you haven’t filled all the required fields you will get a message on the form that highlights the missing fields. Fill in the info and hit SUBMIT again.
- Your submission will go to the Communication Team for approval. When it is approved it will go live on the website.
Guidelines for posting NEWS OR ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Post your News or Announcement by clicking on any button or text that reads POST NEWS.
- Fill out the required fields, upload a photo is you have one and click SUBMIT.
You will be redirected to a page that reads, ” Thank You, your post has been successfully submitted.
It will go live once reviewed and approved by the Communications Team.
NOTE: Web Communications hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6:oo pm
- You’re done! 🙂