/General News & Announcements

GRATITUDE, GROWING PAINS and BUDGET STRAINS

By |2019-03-20T11:38:39-04:00March 20th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

The Stewardship Committee extends a hearty THANK YOU to those who have followed through and submitted their pledges. We are also pleased to report that we have received 75% of our anticipated member pledges, but need the remaining 25% of our members to make their pledges as soon as possible. Please contact Sue McGovern if [...]

Comments Off on GRATITUDE, GROWING PAINS and BUDGET STRAINS

Hymn Sing before Services

By |2019-03-13T14:04:21-04:00March 13th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

Starting March 24th, we will begin our services with a brief hymn sing starting at 10:20 am, led by our Music Director, Jie Yi. We invite all to join us in the Main Hall for the 10 minutes prior to service to start our time together in song.

Comments Off on Hymn Sing before Services

CALL TO ACTION: POOR PEOPLE’S CAMPAIGN PROTEST RALLY

By |2019-03-12T13:27:55-04:00March 12th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

Education, Not Incarceration!  Youth Belong in School, Not Jail! Join the protest on March 18 at 2:30 in the park next to Carvel’s at 801 Carman Avenue in Westbury for a short orientation and training, then march 0.7 miles up Carman Avenue to rally at the Juvenile Detention Center, behind the Nassau County Family Court.  [...]

Comments Off on CALL TO ACTION: POOR PEOPLE’S CAMPAIGN PROTEST RALLY

Support the United Nations Office

By |2019-03-06T16:46:16-04:00March 6th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

We have been a Blue Ribbon Congregation every year since 2010. This year we were one of only twenty congregations in North America to meet this distinction. We have met all the requirements for 2018-2019 except one.... we need 15 UUFH members to become United Nations Office supporters. Please see Lisa Lo Piano Moskowitz after [...]

Comments Off on Support the United Nations Office

SAVE THE DATE: “Welcoming Conversation Series: Part IV”

By |2019-03-05T11:56:40-04:00March 5th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

On Sunday, March 17th from noon to 1:30 pm, Ministerial Intern Greta Jo Seidohl and the Committee on Ministry will continue "A Welcoming Conversation" series. This fourth session of the Fellowship year will explore how we welcome those who are differently abled and understanding ableism. The conversation is open to the entire congregation. Child care [...]

Comments Off on SAVE THE DATE: “Welcoming Conversation Series: Part IV”

SPRING AHEAD and MAKE A PLEDGE

By |2019-03-05T11:55:33-04:00March 5th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

It's that TIME again! TIME to set our clocks ahead at midnight on Saturday, March 8, and TIME to MAKE A PLEDGE if you haven't already done so. The UUFH Srewardship Committee needs your pledge by March 10th so that the Finance Committee will be able to propose a realistic budget for this fiscal year. [...]

Comments Off on SPRING AHEAD and MAKE A PLEDGE

Ushers and Greeters Needed

By |2019-03-05T11:49:13-04:00March 5th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

We are seeking to cultivate a rotation of ushers and greeters for Sunday services.  This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who attends Sunday services, since it will not require extra time (other than arriving a little early on Sunday), as you’ll be at the Fellowship for the service anyway.  Both positions are easy, although [...]

Comments Off on Ushers and Greeters Needed

Equal Exchange Fair Trade Fundraiser

By |2019-03-06T15:46:43-04:00March 5th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

Fair Trade Organic Chocolate, Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, Olive Oil, Gift Baskets - Please place your orders after the service on March 10 - 24 at the table in the Social Hall. Orders will be ready by April 7th, in time for Easter Baskets. This fundraiser gives 40% of sales to UUFH

Comments Off on Equal Exchange Fair Trade Fundraiser

March 2019 Split Plate

By |2019-02-28T11:54:30-04:00February 28th, 2019|General News & Announcements|

Long Island Area Council of UU Congregations: Sophia Fahs Camp Support is needed to fund financial aid for families to send their children to the Sophia Fahs Unitarian Universalist camp.  UUFH campers typically make up about 1/3 of the camp population.  Priority for funding is given to children of families who are members in good standing at [...]

Comments Off on March 2019 Split Plate